diy, fabrics, Fashion, Me made, naaien, patronen, selfmade fashion, zelfmaakmode, zelfmaakmode

Drama dress

Oh my gosh did this dress give me headache….. it all started when I bought a last piece of this gorgeous leopard woven fabric. You can read about that in my earlier blogpost. But I am that kind of person that never gives up to soon. And with a little more instructions of my sewing teacher I managed to finish it at last.

Mijn God wat heeft deze jurk mij hoofdpijn bezorgd zeg…. het startte allemaal met het laatste stuk geweven luipaard print stof die ik kocht. Daarover kun je meer lezen in een eerdere blogpost. Maar ik ben zo’n persoon die niet meteen opgeeft. En met wat meer instructies van mijn naaijuf lukte het toch om de jurk uiteindelijk af te maken.

This rayon fabric is such a great fabric for summer and traveling that I really wanted to make it work. I made a new bodice of the lighter fabric used for the ruffles at the skirt. I decided that there will be no ruffles at the neckline, the extra weight stretches the fabric to much. The last things I had to do were to finish the armscyes and the neckline with a bias tape of the same fabric. I didn’t work out 100% perfect…. but don’t let me be to picky about that.

Deze viscose stof is zo fijn voor de zomer en onze aanstaande reis dat ik het toch wel wilde afmaken. Ik maakte een nieuw bovenstuk van de lichte stof die ik ook voor de ruche langs de rok gebruikte. Aan het bovenstuk komt geen ruche omdat het gewicht daarvan de stof te veel uitrekt. Het laatste dat ik nog moest doen is de armsgaten en halslijn zomen met een eigen gemaakte biasband van dezelfde stof. Het is niet 100% perfect geworden…. maar laat ik daar niet te veel over zeuren.

Geef een reactie