Harriet Blouse

When I saw al the beautiful Harriet Blouses I really wanted to make one too. There are a few new things for me in this pattern. The piping in a round collar and round cuffs, the yoke which is completely lined and the separate button placket. So I purchased the pattern, ordered some gorgeous atelier Brunette fabric, matching piping and buttons. I love that a fabric brand supplies marching haberdashery. I did cut the pattern and fabrics a few weeks ago and last weekend I started sewing…. That’s when my struggle began.


Toen ik al die mooie Harriet Blouses zag wilde ik er ook graag een maken. Er zijn een aantal nieuwe dingen voor mij bij dit patroon. De ronde kraag en manchetten met paspel, de schouder pas die volledig is gevoerd en het losse knopen pad. Dus ik kocht het patroon, bestelde mooi Atelier Brunette stof met bijbehorende paspel en knoopjes. Ik vind het geweldig als een stoffen merk bijbehorende fournituren maakt. Ik knipte het patroon en stof al even geleden maar vorig weekend startte ik met naaien…. En toen begon het geklungel.

The first problem was that I ordered not enough piping, so I ordered new and clever enough I ordered some extra buttons. But when it arrived it was the wrong colour, new order, new colour, not a match so nothing else to do than to unpick the pieces I already had sewn and start again. I added the piping using the blind zipper foot and I decided to baste the collar and cuffs for perfect round corners. Than when I tried it on…. I messed up the sleeves…. They were backwards…..oops more unpicking and do it again.


Het eerste probleem was dat ik te weinig paspel had gekocht, dus ik bestelde snel nieuwe en dacht er op tijd aan om knopen mee te bestellen. Maar toen het binnenkwam was het de verkeerde kleur, nog maar een nieuwe bestelling, ook verkeerde kleur, dus dan maar loshalen wat ik had genaaid. Ik naaide de paspel met het voetje voor de blinde rits en ik heb de kraag en manchetten eerst geregen zodat de hoeken ook mooi rond werden. Toen paste ik de blouse… en jeetje…. De mouwen zaten er achterste voren in…. Dus nog meer loshalen en opnieuw beginnen.